Monday, September 12, 2011

Who is Alan Mulligan?

That question has never been easy for me to answer. When I try to think of how to describe myself I tend to find myself trying to think about what others would say about me or what others have said about me.

I have had people tell me I am funny (whatever that means). I know that I like to make people laugh, but it is never in an attempt to make myself seem funny. I typically use my wits when communicating with people, and that typically causes people to laugh because I say things they are not expecting and do not know how to react.

I had a boss tell me once that I am standoffish. I guess I can agree with that. I hate getting involved with other people's business and I avoid any kind of drama at all expenses. Unless I see a need to intervene when someone is completely helpless.

I am a natural born observer and I have a photographic memory (with some things). I can't memorize a book and recall page numbers and all that jazz, but I can do complex math problems in my head. I also like to use my memory to make up complex deep "quotes" by finding a word I like and complimenting it with a series of words. Typically I have to pause the process to look up definitions of words that I come up with to make sure I am expressing the right idea. I always find myself using words that I have no idea the meaning off, but usually they work in the context that I use them.

Some things about my life I find worth mentioning, I graduated high school when I was 17 and joined the Marines shortly after turning 18 in boot camp. I have been to over 25 countries traveling with the military. I lived in Okinawa for 2 years. I got the opportunity to climb Mt. Suribachi on Iwo Jima.

I got married after being in the Marines for 5 years and am now attending Boise State as an elementary education major. I hope to be able to teach children that there are no limits to their abilities. With all of the studying I am doing in the fields of quantum physics, mathematics, history and how corruption has concealed most of the truth from all of those subjects, I hope I can restore some truth in the educating of children and not to get them started off on the wrong path of thinking in terms of fear in a limited society.

No comments:

Post a Comment